This blog is meant to be a record of my adventures as a new home-based business owner. Starting my jewellery business was one of the most daunting things I've ever done, next to giving birth. Especially since I was (am?) pretty technically stunted. In this blog I will describe the trials, tribulations and, hopefully, eventual successes I experience while navigating the world of (really, really, really small) business. I also plan to use this blog to talk about all the aspects of jewellery design that fascinate me, keep me addicted, and cause me to spend thousands of dollars (What, honey? No, I didn't say thousands...) on gemstones, beads, findings, etc. I welcome your input, ideas, and stories of similar experiences in beading, jewellery design, or running a handcrafts business.





Thursday, January 6, 2011

Etsy Finds

Although I have been a seller on Etsy since August, I haven't made a purchase on Etsy until today.  I was looking for brass findings and bead caps, as I'm working on a new line of brass pendant necklaces and earrings.  On the Etsy site, I went to the Shop Local section, and typed in Canada.  I found two shops I really like.  One was CL Beads, based in Toronto. http://www.etsy.com/shop/clbeads This shop has tons of findings in silver, sterling, copper, brass, gunmetal, and gold finishes, as well as all sorts of wire, thread and chain varieties.  They have a huge variety of charms, in many cunning shapes, like antique French Louis XIV chairs, little baby carriages, scissors, and even little buses!  They also carry glass, crystal, CZ, porcelain and lucite beads.  Their prices are very reasonable.  I ordered about $12 worth of supplies, but that was just tonight, so I can't vouch for their service yet, but they have thousands of sales, and 100% positive feedback, so I'm sure it'll be great.

The other shop I visited was called Fab Beads, http://www.etsy.com/shop/FabBeads who are based on Vancouver Island, B.C. This shop also has a huge variety of findings, charms, bead caps, chains, and filigree elements, at very reasonable prices.  They have a line of lovely antique brass charms, clasps, and bead caps with a gorgeous chocolate brown patina.  Fab Beads has also had thousands of sales, with 100% positive feedback.  I spent about $25 at this shop.  I can't wait for my packages to arrive!  Buy handmade, it's fun!

Adieu, readers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diana,
    Thanks for your kind words about my shop, I'll get that order shipped to you right away.

    By the way, I'm a huge Corrie fan too!

    Shannon
    http://FabBeads.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete