This blog is meant to be a record of my adventures as a new home-based business owner. Starting my jewellery business was one of the most daunting things I've ever done, next to giving birth. Especially since I was (am?) pretty technically stunted. In this blog I will describe the trials, tribulations and, hopefully, eventual successes I experience while navigating the world of (really, really, really small) business. I also plan to use this blog to talk about all the aspects of jewellery design that fascinate me, keep me addicted, and cause me to spend thousands of dollars (What, honey? No, I didn't say thousands...) on gemstones, beads, findings, etc. I welcome your input, ideas, and stories of similar experiences in beading, jewellery design, or running a handcrafts business.





Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sad News

I was just watching CityTV on channel 7 here in TO, and heard that Mark Dailey, reporter extraordinaire, died of prostate cancer today.  What sad, sad news.  Even though, of course, I didn't know him, he was one of my favourite newscasters.  He seemed like a real guy, who didn't take himself too seriously.  He seemed like someone you'd want to be friends with, or just work with.  So many times I'd be watching the news and just laugh out loud at something he'd say.  And what a beautiful baritone voice.  Only 57 years old.  What a shame. 
Mark Dailey

No comments:

Post a Comment