This blog is meant to be a record of my adventures as a new home-based business owner. Starting my jewellery business was one of the most daunting things I've ever done, next to giving birth. Especially since I was (am?) pretty technically stunted. In this blog I will describe the trials, tribulations and, hopefully, eventual successes I experience while navigating the world of (really, really, really small) business. I also plan to use this blog to talk about all the aspects of jewellery design that fascinate me, keep me addicted, and cause me to spend thousands of dollars (What, honey? No, I didn't say thousands...) on gemstones, beads, findings, etc. I welcome your input, ideas, and stories of similar experiences in beading, jewellery design, or running a handcrafts business.





Friday, February 18, 2011

In Which I Try Something New

I'm a silver lover, no doubt about it.  My friend Rita tries to convince me to make and offer gold jewellery in my shop, but I stubbornly resist.  I really don't like gold.  So far the only metals I've been willing to work with are silver and copper.  Recently, though, I've been learning to appreciate antique brass.  I ordered a bunch of antique brass charms, chain, earwires, and beadcaps from Etsy suppliers, and I've started making some earrings and pendants.  Check out my new earrings made from Swarovski crystals and antique brass wire.  I love the extra-long fishhook earwire!

Ruby Drops Earrings

Cyclamen Drops Earrings

Tanzanite Drops Earrings 





No comments:

Post a Comment