This blog is meant to be a record of my adventures as a new home-based business owner. Starting my jewellery business was one of the most daunting things I've ever done, next to giving birth. Especially since I was (am?) pretty technically stunted. In this blog I will describe the trials, tribulations and, hopefully, eventual successes I experience while navigating the world of (really, really, really small) business. I also plan to use this blog to talk about all the aspects of jewellery design that fascinate me, keep me addicted, and cause me to spend thousands of dollars (What, honey? No, I didn't say thousands...) on gemstones, beads, findings, etc. I welcome your input, ideas, and stories of similar experiences in beading, jewellery design, or running a handcrafts business.





Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm on Flickr!

I read the other day how one Etsian's best promotion vehicle is her Flickr account.  I'd used Flickr before to download photos for the yearbook committee at school, but I'd never considered signing up.  After reading this Etsian's post in the Etsy forums, I decided to take the leap.  Now, I need another thing to maintain like I need the proverbial hole in my head, but, in for a dime, in for a dozen, might as well be hanged for a sheep as for a lamb, and all that.  (Please excuse me, my name is Diana, and I'm a habitual proverb user.)  So I signed up and now I have a Flickr account of my own.  I haven't joined any groups yet, or created any galleries, (which from the FAQs seems to be similar to Etsy's treasuries,) because it's taken me three days to upload, name and describe all my photos.  I'm still not done.  I didn't go all out in describing, but I did put the Etsy listing number under each item, and I included lots of tags.  Have a look at my Flickr account!  The empire is growing! (insert evil laugh here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment